Tuesday, July 15, 2008

More from the Out Doors

During Spring I decided that my goal for the summer was to spend one weekend per month hiking/backpacking and 3 weekends each month going on long bike rides. Somehow, the long bike rides haven't materialized yet, but I have been out backpacking in April, June, and July. I missed May, but I did go for a 9 mile hike in May, so perhaps that counts. This past weekend I went up to the Presidential Range of the White Mountains in New Hampshire. I did not manage to cover much distance, but I did reach the top of 6 or 7 of the Presidential mountains, including Mt. Washington, which is the highest mountain in the area with an elevation of 6,288 feet. Unfortunately I don't really have any photos to share from the top of Mt. Washington. When I was on the top, I was in a cloud, so the visibility was very poor.

On the last day of hiking I saw a Gray Jay. I didn't realize until this trip that Jays came in any color but blue, so seeing this one was pretty cool.
Because of this excursion I don't have a lot of knitting progress to share. I started a pair of Gothic Spire Socks, and the first sock traveled with me, but only a few rows were knit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home