Thursday, July 10, 2008

Too Wound Up to Sleep

As you know, I started a new job a few weeks ago at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems. I really like it - it's challenging and interesting. I get to work on aerodynamic issues related to GA's UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle), the Predator:

predator-7

I have to say that working every day has been an adjustment from the laid back student lifestyle. I come home every night and pretty much lay on the couch until it's time to go to bed. This week, though, I've had something to do almost every night, so I'm particularly exhausted. Tonight, I went to a happy hour with people I worked with years ago (before I went back to school) and I was out until 9:30! I almost turned into a pumpkin (that happens if I'm out past 10). So, I'm a little too wound up to sleep. Instead, I thought I'd show photos of a park near where I work where I occasionally eat my lunch and knit:

100_0180

100_0182

A family of ducks:

100_0183

This is my seat:

100_0184

The little pond is full of turtles. Aren't they cute?

100_0179

Who knew such wonderful things existed in suburbia?

5 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

Glad you have a nice place to eat your lunch. I really miss the park we used to have at our office.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great place you get to go to, to get out of the office! Also, ditto to what Dis said. And my office now doesn't have a park either. You're lucky!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

I hope that you managed to get some sleep. It is very cool that you got to see your former co-workers!

11:44 AM  
Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

what a nice little park!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

What an interesting coincidence: my neighbor across the street works on Predator at GA. It's a small world after all...

Lovely park.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home