Thursday, July 03, 2008

Alive and Knitting

I haven't blogged for awhile, but I have been knitting. My knitting has just been rather unremarkable. Until Monday (I think) I had nothing finished. Before then if I showed you my progress you would have wondered why I was showing you the same thing over and over again.



Monday though I managed to finish my Rhiannon knee high socks. In this heat I can't imagine wearing these anytime soon, but come fall I will be happy to have a pair of cabled wool knee high goodness.

These socks were knit using approximately 5 skeins of knitpicks essentials sock yarn. The pattern is Rhiannon from Cookie A. I knit these on size 0 addi's using magic loop. Most of the cables were knit without a cable needle.


The down side of these socks is that I feel like they make my calves look bigger than they are. Generally I like my calves and feel like they have a nice shape, but in these I feel like they are gigantic, oh well, they will be worn anyway.


On WRS I am up to row 32 of the second repeat. It still pretty much looks the same, so I am not going to share a photo.


I hope everyone has a great 4th of July!

6 Comments:

Blogger Siercia said...

Those are fantastic!

I can't believe how quickly you finished them.

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some awesome socks!! Your calves look fine in the picture. They look like they are wearing some amazing socks!

6:59 AM  
Blogger arianna said...

I haven't been keeping up with my blog reading enough, but I've been thinking of you! I miss you so much. I definitely definitely want to make a trip up to Boston sometime soon, and when that actually happens, we MUST hang out!! I hope we can swing it. :)

And the socks look gorgeous. I know I always use that word to describe your work, but what can I say? It's always appropriate. Your knitting is amazing.

xoxo

9:41 AM  
Blogger wenders said...

Holy cow. Those are awesome!! Nice work!

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are going to be so warm come Feb.!

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how your socks turned out. I had that pattern in mind before I saw you were doing it and now that I see them on you, it's got me itching to buy the yarn. Not looking forward to a size zero needle, though. You did a great job and I think they look great on.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home