Thursday, June 05, 2008

VK Cardigan FO

After several weeks of knitting and re-knitting the VK cardigan, I finally have an FO to share. I don't think I have blogged about this project yet. I used a yarn that I've never used before - Somerset by Bristol Yarns. , which is a cotton/silk blend. I didn't have the pattern with me when I purchased the yarn, so I didn't realize that I was buying yarn in the wrong gauge. I really wanted to use it, so I had to redo the entire pattern to work with my yarn. I didn't take any notes, so when it came to repeat the instructions for the other pieces, there were some glitches. I had to reknit the left front FOUR times before I got it right. Needless to say, I was happy to finally get this one off the needles and on my back! So much so, that I took an FO photo yesterday before I cleaned up for the day:

100_0151

Overall, I'm very happy with how this came out. It fit perfectly when I finished it, which considering how much I winged it is rather shocking, but being silk yarn, it stretched out rather quickly. By the end of the day, it was fairly baggy and falling off my shoulders. I really enjoyed the pattern and recommend it to anyone who likes the design. Unlike most VK patterns, it was error-free. J told me that I look unhappy in this photo, but the truth is, I wasn't. I was running late to meet my mom for lunch, so I was just rushing.

Earlier this week, I took my niece to Seaport Village, a quaint but touristy shopping area near the harbor in downtown San Diego. They have an historic carousel there that was handcarved in 1895, so I took Savannah on it for a couple of rides. Here she is waving to my mom as we pass by and there I am. The reason I'm showing this photo is the skirt I'm wearing. That's my Indigo Ripples skirt, in case anyone was curious about it. I knitted it about a year ago, and it's one of my favorite FO's. You can't see me very well in the photo since I'm mostly obscured by the horse, but you can see the skirt.

100_0142

Now, I'm working on a Tahki sleeveless cardigan pattern using a stash cotton/acrylic blend yarn, and I placed an order to Knitpicks for their Comfy yarn in Fedora to make the Nantucket Jacket. I was going to use Cotton-Ease in one of their new colors, Hazelnut, but I was informed that the color is a more of a green/brown than a rich, espresso color. When it arrives, I'll do a little stash flashing.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The VK cardi came out really nice!! Let me know what you think of the Comfy. I've been debating. And love the skirt!

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I want to hear your thoughts on Comfy, too! And great sweater, BTW! I have that one in the queue!

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home