Saturday, May 31, 2008

Doting Aunty

After J left, I decided to take the time I have off work to do some sewing. I was inspired by this simple children's dress pattern.

I bought the fabric on Thursday and had a finished dress on Friday night!

100_0139

I got the fabric at Joann's for $1.99 a yard. The fabric I used for the facings, 100% Egyptian cotton in white, cost three times as much. Savannah is in a dress phase now. Also, she's becoming an actual person, which is truly exciting. When I went over to give her the dress, she jumped up and said, "Hi, Kristen!", which is a first. Then, when I showed her the dress, she got all excited and said, "Daddy, help me put it on!" Once it was on, she said, "I look like Aurora!" She thanked me multiple times, which as any crafting aunt out there knows is more than enough reason to keep making things for her.

100_0138

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super cute!! It looks great.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, that's so sweet! Those nieces really know how to work their aunts, don't they? ;)

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super cute!

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home