Thursday, January 10, 2008

Mayday! Mayday!

I feel like one of those WWII planes that got hit by German flak on a mission over France. At the moment, I'm still airborne, but going down fast. I am in the process of being taken out by a cold. Admittedly, it's a slow mover. I knew the minute it started. I felt a scratch in my throat and a wave of fatigue. Those symptoms are still there, but they haven't worsened much. However, my husband was sick last week, so I know to expect. Either it's a bad cold or he's a big baby. I'll let you know.

In addition to this, I went two straight days without knitting! How unbelievable is that? My thesis is due at the end of March and I'm starting to seriously freak out, so I spent two nights until 2 a.m. working. I'd intended to knit both nights, but by the time I packed it in for the night, I was too beat and it was too late.

I figured the cold was my body's signal to me - SLOW DOWN, GET SOME SLEEP, GO FOR A WALK, KNIT, RELAX--OR ELSE!!! My body's messages are not subtle.

So, I finally knit that sleeve cap tonight, fixed the back neck where I'd screwed up my short row technique, and pinned the pieces together. Before I knit the second sleeve, I want to make sure it's all OK. I mean, I winged the sleeve cap so the chance for disaster was pretty big.

Well, it all works! I love it! I tried it on and absolutely love the way it fits. I know, I know. It's simple, it's plain. But it combines elements from about 3 sweaters that I love, so it's perfect! In this photo, I think you can make out the tweedy bits:

100_0119

Now, onto the second sleeve and then a new sweater! Yay!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, hope you're feeling better by now! So exciting about this sweater! The fact that you're putting it together, combining elements of your favorite sweaters- that's awesome! I can't wait to see the finished product!

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home