Thursday, December 13, 2007

FO Hiccup

You know how it goes. Sometimes life gets in the way. After all, J and I have to work occasionally and so, for both of us, work is getting in the way of the more important things in life, such as blogging. For my part, I spent all of Tuesday evening (and I mean ALL of it) resewing in the zipper on one of my older sweaters so I could wear it as part of Flash Your FO's December. It turned out really well, thanks to instructions provided by Dis over at A Little Loopy. She took a class on zipper installation at Stitches West last year and provided some guidance. Anyway, I wore the sweater all day yesterday, but I was so busy at work that I never got a chance to take a photo. Since it's one of my favorite sweaters, I didn't want to take one of those "can't make out details because I had to use a flash" photos, so I figure I'll take a photo of it later.

J has a major work thing that needs to be finished tomorrow, so she's buried as well. I'm sure she'll be back to normal posting as soon as possible. In the meantime, this is what I'm wearing today:



100_0090


This is my Plum Patina Gables. This project turned out OK and provided some learning experience in a few areas. First, for top down raglans, I should always cast on for the smallest size so the neckline doesn't turn out too wide. This sweater is hard to wear because my bra strap is always showing and when I wear a jacket over it, like I'm doing today, the neckline gets scrunched. However, as has happened with other FO photos I've shown this month, the sweater is not misbehaving in this photo, so you'll think I'm being over critical.

Also, I tried something different with the waist shaping here, putting all of the shaping lower down on my waist - not good.

It's also too short in my opinion. At least I feel like it's too short when I'm wearing it, although it doesn't look terribly short in the picture (hmmm, maybe I am too critical).

Final learning thing? Don't put Cotton Fleece in the dryer. This sweater is now super fuzzy which is disappointing because it is a pretty color that is now blurred by a layer of fuzz.

That sounds like a lot of complaining, but really, it's OK I guess.

Tomorrow I'll post a photo of my newly zippered sweater and hopefully a finished baby sweater (all I have to do is weave in a few ends).

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

If you want support about not being critical, I can see the too-short thing :) But overall I like it. It is a gorgeous color.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home