Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Slow Knit Time

First, I would like to wish all our San Diego area readers safety during the fires. I am not quite sure what to say, but I hope that all of you, and your loved ones are well, and somewhere safe.

In knitting matters, I haven't gotten much done. To the right is my thrummed mitten. I have been at this point for about a week, but I am not finding the mitten to be motivating (perhaps it is the unseasonable warm weather we are having right now?)
I have started my second Millicent knee high sock (a Cookie A design) but haven't gotten very far on that either. My white cabled cardigan is plodding along.

On Sunday I went down to the Blue Hills for a little hiking, I also cooked Spaghetti Squash Mexicali with Tropical Salsa Verde from a cookbook (Veganomicon) that I bought (signed) at the Vegetarian Food Festival on Saturday. Dinner turned out well, and was also quite tasty cold the next night. Last night I baked chai latte cupcakes, which is why I ended up eating cold leftovers (I bake in my convection oven which is my microwave (my oven is awful)). Due to the cooking, hiking, food festing, and other weekend activities, there just wasn't really any free time to knit, but oh, well.

2 Comments:

Blogger wenders said...

I think the warm weather is impeding my knitting, too. I just don't want to handle wool when it's 80 and October!

I love the thrummed mittens! :)

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pic of Boston! I want to see that thrummed mitten in person -- never seen one of them in captivity before! ;)

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home