Friday, October 05, 2007

The Zero Dollar Sweater

Ever since I saw the Tree Jacket pattern, I've wanted to make it but I knew that I had to find just the right yarn. I just HAD to be soft because it goes up around my neck, and it had to have a sproingy, cozy look to it. Over the last year, I've been really good about knitting from my stash, and don't have much of one left (that includes Cotton-Ease by the way).

Well, thanks to joining with two others for an order to WEBS (25% discount), returning some yarn I bought a while back that I didn't plan to use and selling 6 skeins of Bubble Gum Cotton-Ease, I basically got enough enough Malabrigo to make the Tree Jacket with no money out of pocket. The color is Velvet Grapes:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I only have three in my possession at the moment, but the other two should be coming in the next couple of weeks. I'm pretty sure that dyelots won't matter much here...or at least I'm hoping as much.

I've wanted to make a sweater out of Malabrigo ever since I saw it for the first time about two years ago. It looks like I'm finally going to be able to...unless the hanks from two separate lots are completely different, that is.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful colorway!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

Gorgeous! Love the rich colors!

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought 5 skeins of the Malabrigo in the same color last winter to make something that I've now forgotten. If it turns out your new skeins are different you can compare with mine and maybe swap some out. It's super soft yarn.

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Septic Tank Cleaning Broken Arrow said...

Good reaading your post

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home