Thursday, October 04, 2007

My First Steek (and misc other stuff)

For over a year I have been working off and on on Seasons of Darkness Winter of Light, a colorwork sweater with cabled lace edging. The pattern from from Norsk Strikkedesign and is actually the cover pattern. All the knitting is now complete, and Tuesday night I cut my first steek. After cutting the steek, I pinned my unblocked body edging (but not the sleeve edging) to the body of the sweater. I then tried it on to see how it looked/fitted. I know that this is probably not an accurate preview because the edging yarn blocks a bigger. As mentioned before, K sent me some beautiful velvet that is going to be used to line the cabled lace edging. My next step is to block the edging, cut a "pattern", pin the pattern to the fabric, cut the fabric, sew the fabric to the edging, then attach it all to the sweater body. In other words, while the knitting is all done, I still have a long way to go before I get to wear this sweater.

On a non-knitting note, I was apparently mistaken when I announced a couple weeks ago that I made my last appearance at Fenway. At 6pm last night I was told to leave my apartment, get on the green line and head to Kenmore Square. Josh Beckett (my favorite Sox player) was pitching and he was on fire last night, pitching an 8 strikeout, no walks, 4 hit, shutout complete game. In addition to Beckett's phenomenal performance the Sox had Homerus from Kevin Youkilis and David Ortiz, and some great feilding plays. Sorry for babbling about baseball, but I am still in a post game euphoric condition, and yes, I know this is only game one of the ALDS, but it is probably the only post season game I will get to see from Fenway.

I have a couple of other Boston photos that I want to share: a circley thing, a newly opened part of the Rose Kennedy Greenway, and the Zakim Bridge (I am particularly proud of the Zakim Bridge photo).

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! AWESOME game last night!

10:35 AM  
Blogger winnie said...

oh my god. Love to see the finished product. I'm still at the swatching part of this project. Can't wait...

11:32 AM  
Blogger Vegan Pi said...

Yay for steeking! That was a great game to get to go to...I only saw the last bit of it on the teevee.

Pretty bridge picture! It looks great.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh I can't wait to see the sweater when it's all done!! Also I am super jealous that you got to see a playoff game. Believe it or not, I am actually rooting for the Red Sox right now, because Yankees-Sox would be sooo much better than Yankees-Angels. Plus the Yankees have shown they can handle Beckett, so I'm not too worried. ;)

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow on so many levels! Wow for your first steek and wow for getting to attend the game of your dreams. And wow to the nth power on your picture of the bridge! Yer batting .1000, chick!

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home