Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Cabled Cardigan


While it hasn't been making much of an appearance here, I have continued work on my cabled cardigan. This project hasn't gotten much face time because the sleeves and back are all simple garter stitch and not very photo worthy. I have, however, managed to finish the back, 2 sleeves, and the left front all up to the point of the arm hole shaping.I have also found some buttons to use for the cardigan. They are square and match the color of my yarn fairly well. So far I have used 9+ skeins of Berrocco Ultra Alpaca Lite.



The left and right fronts of the cardigan mirror each other, with the bobble patterns running up along the garter stitch button band. The cables that are next to the bobble stitch motif twist in opposite directions to continue the mirrored effect.

I really like the look of the edging on the sweater, but I am SOOOOO happy to be done with it.


I still have no idea how this will actually look when it is being worn. It looks extremely unflattering and boxy in all these photos, but I am hopeful that it will look okay when it is done.
Saturday's weather here was lovely, so I was able to spend some time outside reading and relaxing.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

Wow - your sweater is really coming along nicely! I especially love the edging. Can't wait to see the finished product!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mirroring! I love it!!! Can't wait to see it when it's finished. Should you find it too boxy and unflattering, I know someone who will gladly take it off your hands (oh please, oh please, be too boxy and unflattering! Me! Me!)

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home