Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I finally got around to blocking one of the shawls which I have finished this summer. This is the Spring Things Shawl, which I finished about a month or so ago. I have blocking wires, so I don't exactly know why I delayed blocking this. I made this shawl using about 2 skeins of a mohair blend yarn that was gifted to me by a fellow N. End Knitter, Lissy. It was a pretty quick knit. I used size 4 Inox "jumper" needles, which have cords

like circs, but which aren't joined together.


Now, I just need to get the motivation to block the Forest Path Stole.


This weekend I did manage to get some knitting done. I finished clue 5 for the Mystery Stole, and I picked up a sock, something I haven't done for a couple of months. I am now working on the second Twisted Flower Sock, by the fabulous Cookie A., which is being knit with some Lemongrass Socks That Rock. I am surprised at how quickly this sock is moving. When I picked it up on Sunday I still had a couple of rows of the ribbed cuff to knit, now I am already finished with my gussett decreases.




Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful shawl and sock! I am working to get over my fear of lace. I do OK with small squares and rectangles, but I really want a shawl.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Jscothammerquist said...

Wow ...that is amazing !

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that shawl, the pattern and the mohair give it an ethereal look... wish I could see it in person!

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful job.

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made that yarn sing! I had to look really closely to see if those were beads or just bumps. I'm guessing bumps. The socks are lovely, both pattern and yarn. I'd love to see those in person! Congrats on finding your blocking mojo.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your spring things shawl is absolutely breathtaking!

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home