Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Helpful Cats

I have two skirts VERY near completion (one only needs to have the fabric around the zipper tacked down and one needs the hem done) and I have a top that's almost finished. However, you know what they say about almost.

Even though I don't have any FO photos, I thought I'd show a photo of how my cats "help" me sew. As soon as I put the cutting board down on the ground, it takes about a nanosecond for them to start walking all over it, my fabric and my pattern pieces. I went into the bedroom for literally 30 seconds to get my pattern and I had two cats laid out on my fabric!

I snapped this shot of Teacup last night while I was cutting out my latest project:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It was amazingly difficult to get him to move so I could actually finish my cutting.

Regarding knitting, I'm...well...not doing much of it lately. My normal knitting groups haven't been meeting and although the weather has not been hot, I'm just not into it right now. It doesn't help that very few inspiring patterns have come out lately. Am I the only one who thinks the Interweave preview is a letdown? I'll admit there are a couple of potentials, though. I was impressed with the Knitty surprises, though.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teacup is just too cute! I was having problems with my black cat yesterday while trying to cut a top - it was a crack up. What is with cats, fabric and patterns?!

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're on fire with the sewing! Maybe it's due to all that kitty help. ;)

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This photo reminded me of these weights I've seen in fabric stores that you put on top of the patterns so that you can cut the fabric without pinning. They should make them in the shape of cats. Then I would definitely buy them!

3:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home