Monday, July 23, 2007

Amy Butler Laundry Bag

I have a finished sewing object for your viewing pleasure, today. I'm quite proud of it actually. One of the things I'm most proud of is actually finding a use for this fabric. I love the fabrics, love the colors, etc, but felt it was a little much to make clothes out of. When I realized that I had enough to make this bag - which requires quite a lot of fabric- I got really excited about making it. Anyway, here it is:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

For those of you who can't view photobucket stuff, here's another format:

The pattern is from Amy Butler's book In Stitches. I really liked the pattern, although it was A LOT of work. Totally worth it in the end. I learned new things like making buttonholes and making a drawstring out of fabric. It's not perfect, but only the gods are perfect, right? I love it and I think it's almost too nice to put nasty laundry in. However, I'm not one to make things that have no use, so I've already put some laundry in it, including fabric to wash for my next project. I'll me making the view that the model is wearing out of a piece of remnant fabric I bought at Discount Fabrics in Normal Heights. By the way, for you local sewers, I did visit both of the fabric stores in Normal Heights and will review them at some point later this week.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute! Oh and the LA garment district- were you dying? Michael Levine! I mean, come on!

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!! And thanks for the other format pic ;-)

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That simplicity pattern looks familiar ;)

The AB bag looks great!

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home