Thursday, June 07, 2007

Knitter's Tea Swap 3

I managed to sneak in to the third Knitter's Tea Swap just under the wire. This go round things were arranged a little differently with participants being assigned a partner to swap with. My swap partner is in Singapore, and on Tuesday I received my wonderful package from her.


I received a beautiful big tin of loose China White Tea, some tea biscuits, dark chocolate, a skein of Koigu, a skein of cotton yarn, some handmade stitch markers (lovely), Inox knitting needles with long cables (though they are not circular needles), a buffalo horn incense holder, incense cones and stick's, a leafy green bag, a tea strainer, a tea cozy, then as an additional gift I received a copy of the Spring Things Shawl pattern (which I will probably be starting very soon). When I opened my package I felt like I was reaching into a bottomless bag, it was stuffed full with wonderful presents, each of which delighted me.


In knitting progress news, despite the lack of photos on this blog, I have continued to work on the Forest Path Stole. Yesterday I finished up the body of the Stole. I did not do as many tiers as the pattern suggested, but I think that my stole will be plenty long enough. Since I have finished the tiers, I am now left working on a seed stitch border. I find seed stitch to be extremely tedious, so I may end up repeatedly setting the stole aside, on the other hand, the fact that I am close to finishing may be just the push I need to get through miles of seed stitch.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so glad you got a wonderful gift--you did a wonderful job spoiling me last time around.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I'm unusual (and perhaps demented) but I just love seed stitch -- both how it looks and the making of it. Your tea gift looks amazing! I think it gains even more from being sent from so far away.

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home