So, I got yet another cold. Its really frustrating actually since I was just sick two weeks ago. However, I never ended up getting that cold - I just felt run down and had a sore and scratchy throat for a week or so. This time, it hit full force and I just laid low as much as possible for 3 days or so. Even taking a shower was an effort. So, what to do with all of that down time?
Here's a close-up of the sleeve:
I finished the knitting on Mrs. Darcy! I pinned it together and all of the pieces seem to fit together well. I also tried it on, and with a good thorough blocking, I think everything will be fine. I had considered adding some short rows in the bust area but I was afraid it would mess with the angle of the neckline so I left it alone and hoped for the best. The sleeves fit well, too, so I'm very pleased. It rolls along the bottom, but the designer said she fixed that by adding some crochet rounds. That should also provide a nice decorative edge, too.
For my next project, I was going to do Rusted Root, but I'm having a hard time tracking down a color of Cotton Fleece that I like, so instead, I've decided to reknit the Prosperous Plum Tank. I made this last summer, and although it came out OK, I felt that it was too big to be flattering. So, I'm taking the lessons I learned and giving it another try. Its a quick enough knit that I should be done this week. I'm using a worsted weight cotton/acrylic blend yarn (NOT Cotton-Ease surprisingly, but one I got at the Yarn Lady bag sale last June). It's in a shocking blue color, but I don't have photos yet. I think the designer, Joanna Cohen, occasionally peruses this blog (if so, hi Joanna!), so hopefully I'll do a good job! The yarn is a different gauge than Cotton Fleece - not much, but you'd be surprised how much difference a 1/4 stitch makes. Anyway, I'm making a different size and changing the waist shaping to fit my body in order to compensate. Last time, the straps were too long for me, too, so I'll recalculate those as well.