Thursday, May 24, 2007

Prosperous Blue?

Its always strange to refer to a project by a color name when, typically, you are knitting it in a different color that the designer did. This is my Prosperous Plum Tank, which I'm clearly not making out of Prosperous Plum yarn. The yarn is Valeria di Roma Topacio 60% cotton/40% acrylic yarn and it is discontinued.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I really like the yarn, especially the way that the color isn't truly solid. It looks more kettle-dyed, at least in this shade. However, it really does hurt my hands in a way that Cotton-Ease doesn't, even though they have a really similar composition. I think that's why I'm not further along on this that I am. I have to take frequent breaks to rest my hands.

Here's a closeup of the cable pattern:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It obviously needs a good blocking. At least I hope that will make it look better. I'm making it with 4 inches of negative ease, so it will be stretching on my body, too. I have about 13 rows to go until it is the length I want before the armholes (of course, I had to add 3 inches to it!). Here's hoping I don't run out of yarn.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's looking good - I love the color.

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kristen, it's looking good so far! And yeah, I was terribly uncreative in naming the pattern. At some point I came across an online discussion of the asymmetric cable pattern and someone theorized that I meant for one side of the pattern to be "prosperity" and the other side was "plum"... I was sooo tempted to leave a note saying, nope, just the color name! Nothing fancy or metaphorical going on here! ;) Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I'm here if you have any questions, I hope it turns out better for you the second time around.

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking great so far! I love the cable panel (no surprise there)!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

looks great! you know where to get more yarn if you need it! i'll be happy to pass more your way. :-)

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home