Wednesday, June 06, 2007

FO Prosperous Plum!

Here's my finished Prosperous Plum, from the front:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

and from the back:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Overall, I'm really happy with it. The way I did the waist increases and decreases makes it kind of unflattering. I really should have made the narrowest part of it higher up. I think that's why its tight in the middle.

Details:

Pattern: Prosperous Plum Tank
Yarn: Valeria di Roma Topacio (60% cotton/40% acrylic blend), purchased at the Yarn Lady bag sale last year, 5 balls. It is discontinued.
Needles: Size 7 addi turbos
Modifications: I chose not to knit the hem up; instead, I tacked it down at the end. I used a different gauge yarn so I had to make a different size. I changed the rate of the waist increases and decreases, although I don't really like how that part turned out. Instead of grafting the straps together, I did a 3-needle bind-off. I lengthened it by about 2 inches. Oh, and instead of doing crab stitch, I did 2 rounds of single crochet. I think that's everything. That's all I can remember right now.
Overall thoughts about the pattern: I like this pattern. Its really pretty when it's done and it has a lot of design elements without being too much. This is the second time I've made this tank and I feel that, for the most part, my modifications made it a better fit for me.

My favorite thing about it is that I had sort of an awkward amount of this yarn, but I ended up being able to make something out of it. I've already worn in 3 times!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats! What a cute summer knit. The details on the back is a surprising addition (when one might expect just plain stockinette (bleh) back there) - I really like that!

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic! What a great project for the amount of yarn you had - it's like it was just meant to be Prosperous Plum :)

6:31 PM  
Blogger mrshammer said...

How beautiful, Nice detail work and a vibrant color.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

I liked it before, but the blocking made a huge difference! Very nice fit. What a great stash buster :-)

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home