Tuesday, June 05, 2007

FO, a Party, & Cupcakes

I LOVE Sahara. I found the pattern to be pretty straight forward, and clearly written. I loved making it with Cotton Fleece. The only part that I didn't like was one row in the edging where you had to knit 3 together through back loop. I dealt with this dislike on the sleeves by doing a slip stitch, knit 2 together, pass slip stitch over. The final, albeit unblocked, fit of Sahara is perfect. I almost doubled the amount of waist shaping called for in the pattern and I am very glad that I did. I liked this pattern well enough that I am thinking about making the long sleeve version for the fall. The pose in the FO shot is my attempt to keep Isis from being part of the picture. I am busy scratching her head off camera.

On a different note, Joanna is leaving my little knit group, in fact, she is leaving my city. Last night she was kind enough to host a little gathering, where she made homemade guac, salsa, and even homemade chips! She also made wonderful vegan cream cheese and spinach filled puff pastry, and a fabulous fruit salad. Everything she made was delicious. I didn't take any photos of Joanna's food (sorry about that), but, one of the guests brought amazing cupcakes to the party. The cupcakes were not only tasty, but where little knitting works of art, there were marzipan knit objects on the top of many, though not all of the cupcakes. Joanna, we are going to miss you, thanks for having us over!

4 Comments:

Blogger Siercia said...

Wow. Those cupcakes are amazing.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, yes, I am terribly upset that you did not take a picture of my guacamole. The cupcakes were NOTHING compared to a bowl of green mush! Seriously now!

Anyway, I'm so glad you could make it - I'm going to miss you guys!! Oh, and your Sahara looked great. :D

11:48 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Those cupcakes are great. Then again, so is Sahara!

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowee, those cupcakes are neat! That person is incredibly talented. And double snaps for your pretty new sweater. I particularly like its fit and color (I know you will be amazed to know that mint/light green is one of my fave colors cuz I NEVER wear it -- insert rolling eyes). Congratulations and thanks for blogging on the party I couldn't make. Glad to read about it and have it memorialized in blogland.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home