Sunday, June 03, 2007

Even though today is Sunday, it ended up being a work day for me. So, I decided to take advantage of it by using my parents' washing machine (I did most of my work at my parents' house) to wash and block Prosperous Plum, which is now fini! It beats paying $1 to wash it in a community washing machine where the "gentle" cycle may not be so gentle.

Here it is blocking:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I also took a closeup of the lace pattern:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I took the photos without a flash so the color is way off, but the detail is good. The color is much more like the photos I've shown in previous posts. I've been wearing it for the last two days (because I'm impatient like that) but it didn't look too good. It needed a serious blocking, but now I think it looks good. The fit is good, so I couldn't be happier about that.

Re: Sizzle, the fit is more questionable. It's a little snug, but I'm sure it will all work out in the blocking. I hope so because, for the moment, I look a little like a sausage when I wear it! It also might end up being a little short. Uh oh. We'll see

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

Ugh - about Sizzle being short! I don't know about you, but I sure stay committed to in-the-round projects much longer than I should because I hate to rip and start over...wait until I show you the tank I started yesterday...ginormous!...but I'm still knitting away at it!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had to work yesterday- bleh! But, the tank looks great!!

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your tank looks great! I hope sizzle works out for you

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home