Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Isabella

After finishing 2 cotton fleece tanks I decided it was time to move on to a tank out of a different yarn. It didn't take me long to decide on the Isabella tank from the Spring Knitty. This tank has a couple of things going for it, it is pretty, it uses a yarn I have never used before, and it is knit at almost 7 st to an inch, which means that I get more knitting time for my buck. The tank is supposed to be knit flat, but I decided that I prefer to knit it in the round. I also decided to add additional waist decreases. Unfortunately, despite getting gauge with my swatch, I seem to be knitting the tank slightly tighter than I should. I have tried to loosen up my knitting, but I am afraid that the tank will have less ease than I desired. I am trying to convince myself that it will be okay, since the tank is being knit in 4-ply cotton, and I expect it to loose up with wear, but I am not sure that my optimism is justified. I also have a little wonkiness happening on the right side of what will be the back. I accidentally did an extra YO in my eyelet row and didn't realize it until about 6 rows latter. I decided to fix it the lazy way and drop the row of stitches, then tried to ease the extra yarn into the stitches around the dropped stitch. I still have some work to go with erasing that mistake.

I am continuing to work on Forest Path and my edging is about 1/2 way up one side of the shawl.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home