Mrs. Darcy - half done
I just finished the sleeve for Mrs. Darcy. I used this sleeve in my sweater design class to get help with calculating a sleeve cap. Then, just before I started the cap, I lost my directions! Fabulous. Luckily, I remembered most of what my teacher said, so I tried to recreate it. Now that its done, I'm a little worried. Its not so much that what I did on my own looks wrong, but some of what I know he told me looks strange. I won't know for sure until I set in the sleeve, though. I'm also concerned about the angle of decrease on the right front. When I held it up to me, it looked like it wasn't going to work - I may have decreased too fast. I won't know about that either until its sewn together so I may sew the pieces I've done together and see where I am.
The modifications I've made so far is to make the body longer overall, make the ribbing around the waist deeper, change the curve of the neckline - I think its higher - and to make the sleeves 3/4 length with shorter ribbing. Its now exactly the same length as the body.
In other news, I done with school for the semester! I'm really excited and feel like such a load has been lifted. I'm not going to school over the summer because nothing I need to take is offered, but I will be working at a job and on my thesis, so I'll be busy. But it will be a different kind of busy - the kind that you can put away for the evening when you get home. Hopefully it means I will be knitting and blogging more. I've got BIG, BIG plans for summer knitting. I'm thinking of starting Rusted Root after I finish Mrs. Darcy.
Labels: mrs. darcy