Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Mrs. Darcy - half done

I just finished the sleeve for Mrs. Darcy. I used this sleeve in my sweater design class to get help with calculating a sleeve cap. Then, just before I started the cap, I lost my directions! Fabulous. Luckily, I remembered most of what my teacher said, so I tried to recreate it. Now that its done, I'm a little worried. Its not so much that what I did on my own looks wrong, but some of what I know he told me looks strange. I won't know for sure until I set in the sleeve, though. I'm also concerned about the angle of decrease on the right front. When I held it up to me, it looked like it wasn't going to work - I may have decreased too fast. I won't know about that either until its sewn together so I may sew the pieces I've done together and see where I am.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The modifications I've made so far is to make the body longer overall, make the ribbing around the waist deeper, change the curve of the neckline - I think its higher - and to make the sleeves 3/4 length with shorter ribbing. Its now exactly the same length as the body.

In other news, I done with school for the semester! I'm really excited and feel like such a load has been lifted. I'm not going to school over the summer because nothing I need to take is offered, but I will be working at a job and on my thesis, so I'll be busy. But it will be a different kind of busy - the kind that you can put away for the evening when you get home. Hopefully it means I will be knitting and blogging more. I've got BIG, BIG plans for summer knitting. I'm thinking of starting Rusted Root after I finish Mrs. Darcy.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger wenders said...

Hi there! Congrats on being done with school... what a great feeling.

Would you mind posting the links to Rusted Root and Mrs. Darcy - I like what you'd knit, and am so close to being able to knit for myself again...

7:05 AM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

Woo Hoo!! Congrats on being done with school. I bet your mind feels so free!

Mrs. Darcy is looking great and the color keeps getting better and better!

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on another semester finshed!

Your mod to Mrs. Darcy look great - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you in regards to your sleeve.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs Darcy looks FANTASTIC!
Congrats on being done with school : )

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs. Darcy is coming along swimmingly. I hope the sleeve works out. I think the 3/4 length was an inspired choice.

Congratulations on end of term! I think we're all preparing to eat your knitting dust now...

1:18 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Three cheers!

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for you being done with school! Even though you'll still be working, I'm sure it'll be nice to not have school to worry about for a few months. :)

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home