Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Just In Time

Just in time for 80 degree weather I have mostly finished Whiskey. Okay, I do still need to sew one sleeve closed, and i have to weave in some ends 9but not many thanks to using a cone of yarn!), I need to buy and apply some buttons, and I need to block the collar, but otherwise it is done! The button bands took no time at all to knit. Instead of knitting a hood for the sweater I just did a shawl collar (I wouldn't have used a hood, so why waste the time or the yarn?). Now I only have to hope that I don't forget about this sweater by the time it starts getting chilly again. Looking at my photo I just noticed the odd bunching near the collar. I hadn't noticed that before. Please cross your fingers for me that that is just from the way I laid it out and not from knitting issues.

On Saturday I joined a couple of my suburban friends for a different kind of S'nB. I spent the day doing some needlepoint. This was the expensive hobby that I had done somewhat extensively before swapping my sewing needle for a pair of knitting needles. I spent the day working on making a needlepoint belt. I didn't get very far then, and still haven't gotten that far. It was pleasant stitching again, but I think that knitting is still where most of my money and my heart will go :-)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Owww, my eyes, my eyes!!!!

(Not from the sweater of course - the sweater looks fabulous. :D)

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your sweater looks amazing, great job!

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome belt! You'll have to fill me in on where you got it. I miss needlepoint and hurry past the kits at Windsor Button when I'm there, knowing that I just don't have enough time or money to do both, and like you, I choose knitting. So I empathize. Plus, I never ONCE framed or made into a pillow any of the canvases I made. I told myself it's because my apartment is too small for them now, but maybe it was reluctance to pay for someone to do it for me. And needlepoint kits have a nasty habit of running out of yarn and then I'm too lazy to write them and ask for more yarn.

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home