Saturday, April 07, 2007

It's A Sleeve!



I picked up Whiskey again. I moved Forest Path Stole onto some spare size 2 needles until I figure out if I am buying more yarn and cast on a sleeve for Whiskey. I spent two days in PA working on the sleeve and now it is finished! I have a back and one sleeve done, so I think I am about 1/2 way finished the sweater. Somehow though I still have a ton of yarn left on my cone. It is really nice not to worry about running out of yarn.






On another front, my Blackberry Ridge yarn for Season of Darkness has arrived! Unfortunately, I was already in PA when I got the email letting me know it was here, so I haven't picked it up yet, but expect to get back to Season in the very near future.



As for PA...I went to the King Tut exhibit at the Franklin Institute, I can't show you any photos because cameras were not allowed. After going through the exhibit I went through some of the rest of the museum, including the giant beating heart. As a child, the heart was always the thing that stood out most in my memory. The heart is big enough to walk through, it is labeled and lets you know as you travel through the different parts, including letting you know when you leave the heart. It was everything that I remembered it being, except that it was much narrower than I remembered it being. I guess perspective really matters. It was fun going through the museum and pretending to be close to a child again.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger knitzalot said...

The sleeve looks really cool! I guess you didn't end up spending Easter at home.

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember that heart! In my head, it's HUGE - I'm not sure I'd want to go back there and see its actual size. The only other thing I really remember about that museum is the crazy ball machine. I could watch that for hours.

And the sleeve looks great!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I love the beating heart!

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all good in Jeanetteworld! I'm so pleased for you! Glad you had a lovely trip, and that you have yarn to spare for a change on a project, and that your long-awaited yarn is finally here.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home