Friday, March 23, 2007

Disaster Struck


On Wednesday during s'nb I had a major problem with my Forest Path Stole. I did not take photos of the disaster, so you will have to trust me that it was badness. Somehow or another I dropped a few stitches. I tried to fix my mistake without frogging the shawl, but, alas, I had several large wholes after my attempted fix. Several of my group knitters tried to tell me that the wholes were noticeable (liars!), but I knew that I couldn't live withe them, so I tore. When E saw that I was going to tear she asked where my life-line was/is. Honestly, I am not sure how much help a life line would be in an entrelac piece, but even if it was the most useful tool in the galaxy, I wouldn't have used one. I am apparently too arrogant for such trivialities, and as a result, had to tear out 2+ full entrelac rectangles and one seed stitch triangle.
I am not yet back to the point I was when the mistake happened, but I am getting closer...
Over the weekend I had finished the back of my whiskey sweater, unfortunately, in my rush to leave my apartment this morning (I had a real estate closing at 8:00(I didn't actually have to be there until around 8:45, but still...) I forgot to take a photo. One will come soon...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nooooo!!! I'm so sorry to hear, that *really* sucks!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh no! I had to frog the last lace shawl that I had to knit so many times. Finally, I had to cut and toss some lace--it wouldn't let me unravel it any more.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I hadn't realized that the damage was that devastating! You certainly had your game face on when I asked you about it this week. You are a brave and stoic knitting goddess. Either that or you were still in so much shock and agony that you were not willing to have flashbacks in retelling the story to me. Good thing you keep this blog!

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home