Tuesday, March 27, 2007



Finally, here is a photo of my finished Whiskey back. I know it isn't vastly different from the last photo that I posted, but this one is done and the last wasn't. My plan is to start the first sleeve next. The hitch with this plan is that my size 2 addis are being used by Forest Path. I am about 1/2 way finished with Forest Path, assuming that I don't do the full length of is (a safe assumption since I have used the first skein of yarn and only had 2 skeins!). I know that I could buy another pair of addi 2s, but I just don't want to have 3 sets of size 2 needles. The other pair of size 2s that I have is tied up with Season of Darkness.

Despite my mistake with Forest Path, it is moving right along. I am finishing the 9th tier today, and it seems to be a decent length (or that it will be). I am guessing that I will do 13-15 tiers then start the side border. I was able to do nearly 8 tiers plus the bottom border with one skein. I still have the side border to do and I don't know how much yarn that will require. I would buy a 3rd skein of the zephyr, but I am a bit concerned about dye lot problems. I still love this pattern and this yarn. I think the key to my lace enjoyment is mixing things up. When I did the shetland tea shawl the change of lace motifs kept me interested, anticipating the next change. Ethereal Fichu bored me because it was monotonous. This should be tedious since there are only 3 motifs and since each tier uses all three in a regular and specified order, but for some reason, I am not bored. I haven't completely memorized each of the charts, and I think that helps keep my interest. I don't have to look much at the charts, but each time I start one of the three I have to double check how it begins. 2 of the 3 I have no issues with. I do anticipate the side border driving me mad, it is seed stitch, rows and rows of seed stitch, which I despise, but fortunately, that is still a ways off.

Finally, in an attempt to gear up for bike commuting, which I hope to begin soon, I bought a laptop messenger bag. It isn't pretty or stylish, but it will secure my laptop when I am riding and will give me space to carry my necessities (like work clothes, though not suits). Now I just need the weather to get at least a teeny bit better. :-)



Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Whiskey. It looks great. I can't believe how fast you do lace, I'm jealous.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

i LOVE timbuk2 bags. i used one of their metro bags for more than 3 years as my daily purse (finally got too dirty and gross). and i am about to get a messenger for my husband as a new school bag.

Whiskey looks great by the way!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

the Whiskey looks cool! I can't wait to see the finished product ;)

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your bag is very stylish. I want to see Whiskey for reals...not just a picture!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home