Monday, January 22, 2007

RIP Eunny Vest

I'm very disappointed about it, but unfortunately, I think the Eunny vest isn't going to get finished. I had some hope that sewing down the steeks would make it feel around my shoulder area better, but, after almost finishing that process and trying it on, I realized that it wouldn't. I thought I would take a photo of myself wearing the sweater so you can see what I mean.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The body part fits OK, but it's too wide just above my bust and to my shoulders. I feel like it makes me look like a football player or something. It isn't different from problems I have had with other handknits to be honest. My body is just oddly shaped. When I looked at the shaping on the vest, I thought it would be alright, but I guess not! There are still strings hanging from it, and I'm thinking there always will be. I'm sad and frustrated about it, but I've had a feeling for a while now that it wasn't going to work out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oh no! so sad!! Can't you just rip back to the beginning of the armholes and adjust? otherwise it is a great fit

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I flipped through the "Knit Fix" book at Barnes and Noble last week, and she gives some ideas for fixing after the garment has been seamed. It might be worth a look and the experimentation?

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you could rip out the armhole ribbing and re-steek the holes. I would think that you could use the shape of a top that fits you well, subtract the width of the ribbing, and crochet or machine stitch at that point, then re-knit the ribbing. Definitely a pain (and you may want to leave it in time out for a while) but the vest could still be saved. :)

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home