Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Finally Finished Fetching

I have had a pair of unfinished Fetching lingering around in the UFO pile for about 6 months. The only thing I had left to do on them was finish one thumb. Well, rather than do that, I bought a whole other skein of yarn and made another pair! The first pair still isn't done! Well, that's how I roll.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The cabling pretty much gets totally lost with this highly variegated yarn, but heck, I like 'em anyway. The cable is a little easier to see in person, but not much. This yarn is soft, soft, soft! It smells a little like dye, though, but not enough to make knitting with it unpleasant.

Stats:

Pattern: Fetching from knitty
Yarn: Colinette Cadenza Dk in Jay, 1 skein
Needles: Size 6 addi turbo 32" (for magic loop) and size 6 Brittany birch dpn's (for thumb)
Modifications: added length in straight section before thumb and after thumb added an additional cable repeat
Date started: 12/30/06
Date completed: 1/2/07
Overall thoughts: Great pattern and fit with mods as mentioned

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I need some of that yarn now. I resisted the other day. They look awesome!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

The thumbs are just so annoying . . . and then those extra ends to weave in. Definitely easier to knit a whole 'nother pair!

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohmygoodness!! The colors!! the colors!! I loooove the colors in the yarn you used, great choice!!

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home