Monday, January 15, 2007

Before and After Clogs

I finally finished my first pair of Fibertrends clogs in Lamb's Pride Worsted. Here's the before photo:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

If you think one looks bigger than the other, it's not your imagination. This first pair was intended to be an experiment to see if the needle size I chose yielded the correct size post felting. What I didn't intend was to knit each one on a different size needle. That was just a dumb mistake. In the end, I'm glad I did because the needle I thought was correct turned out to make a clog that's a little too big. Here are the after felting photos:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Right now, they're drying. Since they're imperfect (i.e. different sizes), I'm going to keep them for myself. Even with that defect, I love them and can't wait to wear them! I really didn't enjoy this pattern very much - very fiddly. But, the result is worth it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I agree - not the most enjoyable thing to knit, but probably the project I've used the most.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the color combination!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

Fun! Ok, one of these days I'll pull out my pattern and make my own. It's not like I don't have the yarn or anything. ;-)

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your clogs are sure to keep your feet warm! Definitely a fiddly knit, but with a great result! Love the colors you used : )

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home