Tuesday, December 19, 2006


One of the best things about children's knits is that you can have fun with them. You can use a yarn color that you could never be caught dead wearing and you can choose fun buttons to close up cardigans. After finishing the left front, the back, and the sleeves for the cardigan that I am making for my cousin it was time to pick out buttons. I wanted the buttons to be fun and different. I could have gone with simple round buttons, but why?

So, I made a trip to Windsor Buttons intent on finding something that would be different. There were so many buttons to choose from that I couldn't quite make up my mind. I decided that since this is a baby's sweater I could make it very unusual, so I am using a bunch of different buttons. I would say that I am using a Noah's Ark of buttons, but since I have only one of each animal, that isn't exactly accurate. As you can see, I have a duck, an elephant, a fish, a frog, a hippo and a turtle. Turns out that I need one more button, so I have to return to Windsor Button and see if I can find one more blue animal to make the sweater complete.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too cute! I love the hippo!

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute! Kid knits are almost instant gratification - I love it!
And I meant to tell you earlier, but I LOVE your mittens too :)

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent choice with the buttons -- they are so cute! it's much better to see such a variety, i think. :)

the sweater looks wonderful -- i can tell it's going to be much appreciated!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

those buttons are sooooo cute

11:14 PM  
Blogger KnittingJones said...

Heck with limiting those buttons to kids -- I'd wear 'em!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Fabulous buttons. And I'm definitely not putting them on adult clothing . . .

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm envious that you got to shop for buttons at W.B. I always look longingly at that huge wall o buttons and never have any reason to shop.

The ones you selected are adorable. I can't see the sweater very well. Can you bring it to the cafe or post a better pic of it? :)

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home