Saturday, December 09, 2006

Ta Da!


I finished the first of the Anemoi Mittens by Eunny Jang last night (sorry there is no link, my DSL is down right now and I don't want to open too many internet windows). My single life is so thrilling that Friday night meant hours of dedicated knitting time which allowed me to not only finish this first mitten, but also to start the second one!

Instead of making the second mitten the same as the first I decided to make the left mitten into sort of a "negative" of the right mitten. My dark and light colors are reversed for the left.

Wait, did someone just ask about holiday knitting?! Aren't I supposed to be working on gifts for others instead of mittens for myself? Leaving aside the fact that it got fricken freezing here in Boston yesterday, and that I don't have a pair of matching mittens around (I had a bunch of pairs at the end of last winter, but I guess a couple of mittens went away, by themselves, on vacation and decided not to come back), I have finished the scarf for my friend, one out of two socks for my mother, 1 1/3 socks for my friend, and 3/4th or more of a baby sweater for my cousin, so I am still feeling like my holiday knitting will be done on time. Photos of holiday knitting to come latter! As I post I am working on the remaining 2/3 sock for my friend so I am balancing my knitting for others with knitting for myself.

7 Comments:

Blogger knitzalot said...

The mittens are lovely!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow you're fast! I love that pattern, and they look even cooler with the colors reversed that way... what a great idea!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Sounds like a great Friday night to me!

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the idea of reversing the colors! wonderful work!

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are freakin' brilliant! Have I mentioned that you are my knitting hero? The mittens are wonderful. You did such a good job. Brava!!!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love 'em! I'm going to peruse your blog now for the name of the pattern. :)

12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow -- I know I'm really late in the game in saying this, but those look *gorgeous*. Nice job!

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home