Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Guesses Anyone?


I decided last night, after karate class, that I wanted to make a scarf for my grandmother for Christmas. Despite having oh 20 days to finish my already started holiday knitting do you think I chose chunky yarn? Do you think that I chose big needles? No, of course not. I have been playing with roughly sport weight yarn and size one needles. First I tried to make a reversible cable scarf. I wasn't liking they way it was looking, so I changed my mind and decided on something lacey. I also decided to design

the scarf myself. I have in mind a concept, but I don't know if I can get the concept to work.

My question to all of you is, do you have any idea what I was trying to make (motif wise) in my pictured swatch? Please comment and let me know. I think the motif sucks, but I am curious to know if anyone can figure out what I am going for. In the meantime, I now am at work, have a computer, and can google to see if anyone more clever than me has already figured it out. If not, I may be back to the drawing board.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I just made a list of the gifts I want to make. How much knitting have I done? Some dishcloths and 1/4 of my dad's vest. I'm still living in denial about how much I can knit in 20 days.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hmmm... kind of looks like a butterfly? Whatever it is, I like it ;)

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a karate symbol? Or you were influenced by having been at karate and did something faintly asian language related?

4:15 PM  
Blogger Martha Marin said...

Looks like a dead ringer for the Dead Kennedy's logo.
Though I am assuming it probably wasn't intended as such, unless of course your grandmother is somewhat of a punk rocker with tendencies towards socio-political rants from Jello Biafra.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

A snowflake?

And now I'm feeling pretty good about the bulky alpaca mistake stitch rib scarf I'm trying to finish before Christmas . . .

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a star fish? maybe?

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home