Monday, November 27, 2006

Very Image Heavy Post

Well, I did it! I learned to sew!

The big day was Saturday. Cora graciously donated several (over 8!) hours of her time and her considerable expertise to teach Dis and I how to cut and sew our skirts together. Before actually sewing our actual pieces, we practiced stitching on scrap fabric for an hour or so. We ended up getting a lot done. The only thing left to do is sew in our zippers, hem, and attach our decorative items (I'll be attaching a ruffle to the bottom and a ribbon to the skirt itself). Here's what I have so far for the skirt:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We have lined our skirts as well, which basically involves sewing two complete skirts, but the results are well worth it. A skirt like this would probably cost nearly $100 at a store.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And would ya look what matches it perfectly? I guess I'm going to have to rip out the sleeves and finish this sweater after all!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What's weird is that, with the flash, the sweater looks like a different color, but it's actually a 100% match to the darker color in the skirt. Bizarre!

Here's an action shot of me cutting out my lining, which proved to be a slippery proposition:

Finally, Cora's cats are soooooo adorable. They pretty much have to investigate everything you're doing, and have a tendency to make themselves at home in all of your stuff. On Saturday, Jeb basically made himself at home and took a nap amongst piles of patterns and fabric and pretty much slept all day, despite all of the activity around him. He awakened briefly for his close-up.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

as soon as you fix those sleeves you are going to have one fab outfit! Awesome skirt, Cora must be a great teacher.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

Perfect! I love that you will not only have a pretty, new skirt, but a beautiful outfit!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OOh! I LOOve the purple!!

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is looking fab!

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home