Monday, July 03, 2006

High Falutin' Technology

I'm still amazed my modern technology. When I fly across the country, I still find it staggering that I can wake up in California and go to sleep in Boston on the same day. I'm even more amazed by modern communication. Since I neglected to take pictures of anything bloggable this weekend, I thought I was out of luck for a post today. Then I remembered my picture phone. I wasn't sure how it would work out, but I decided to take a picture of the WIP I brought with me to work and see if I could email it to myself. I think it worked out OK. This is pretty much what I have been working on exclusively for the past few days. You may remember that I started this pair of socks back before school got out, but then I made a mistake on it and put it in the "to be frogged pile". This pile can more closely be described as a knitting blackhole where wonky WIP's go to die - a knitting graveyard if you will. I hate frogging and reknitting more than I hate blocking and seaming. But I made a stand - I said I couldn't start another pair of socks until I finished one of the three pairs that I have in progress. That provided enough motivation to finish the first sock and get to work on the second one. It's amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it. I'm doing this so I can start Pomatomus with some Koigu I have in my stash. Krys has inspired me with the beauty of hers.

This weekend, I got to spend some quality time with my fellow San Diego knitters and bloggers at a movie night hosted by Cora and her two adorable kitties, Jeb and Sherlock. Naturally, all shoes and knitting bags had to be investigated thoroughly. They're worse than the TSA! I guess my knitting bag was satisfactory and I guess it also made a nice catbed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home