Monday, November 13, 2006

Crafty, crafty

I had another fun weekend! That's two in a row! As great as that is, it always makes it harder to get back to business on Monday. On Saturday, Dis, Cora and I went to Joann's to buy our lining, zippers and notions for our first sewn skirts. The big sewing day is going to be over Thanksgiving break - Cora is generously donating her time to help us learn. I'm getting really excited about it!

After Joann's Cora and I continued on up to Alpine where we visited a fabric store that is going out of business. It was a really nice store and it's a real shame that it's going out of business. Since San Diego isn't a very crafty kind of place, there aren't many nice fabric stores out there. They had a decent selection, but by the time we got here, they were kind of picked over. I found a couple of things that I really like though. When we got to the register, she ended up giving us the fabric for free since we were military dependents. In fact, she wanted us to send any military people that we knew to her store and she would give away fabric to them, too, so if you fit that bill, let me know and I'll try to find out the name of the shop (I can't remember). Anyway, this is some of the fabric I bought. I thought they coordinated well, colorwise.

I'm not exactly sure what I want to do with it but I'm thinking of something along these lines. I know that whatever I do with the striped fabric, it should be small so it's not too busy. Otherwise, I may just do an apron since you can get crazier with that, patternwise.

After fabric shopping, we continued up to Julian, which was really packed! We had a great time visiting the shops, eating pie and actually feeling some crisp, fall weather.

Regarding knitting, I bought buttons for my Bristow but haven't sewn them on yet. I did, however, cast on for my Big Kureyon sweater and I'm really liking how it's knitting up. Hopefully, by Wednesday, I'll have photos of both. I also put my husband's sweater pieces on one needle and have started the yoke. So, it's not all sewing and fabric 'round these parts.

5 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

Very cute fabric! and what a deal ;-)

I'm glad you guys had a good time...stupid wedding ;-)

4:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

free fabric... thats so great! Its so pretty, too!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I love how the Julian website encourages people to visit during the week for the "quiet."

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your sewing creations!

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great fabric! I love what you picked out! and free? how cool is that! I can't wait to see what you make

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home