Saturday, November 11, 2006

Can You Spot the Mistake?

I was knitting along on the second sleeve of Bristow, getting extremely tired of the pattern, the yarn, everything, and I finally reached the sleeve cap. At this point, I'd already seamed up one side of the sweater and put on the neck and button bands. I figured if I knit the entire evening tonight, I could finish the sweater in time to wear it this weekend. Then, I looked down and noticed a mistake. I couldn't believe it. I was totally crushed! It happened when I picked up the sleeve after not working on it for a few weeks. I'd gotten out of synch with the pattern.

Naturally, I hemmed and hawed about fixing it...not fixing it. I asked people how noticeable it was, examined it very closely, from a distance, thought about it in my sleep. I even stepped away from it for a day to think about it.

In the end, I decided to go ahead and leave it. I decided I didn't really notice it and I hoped that it wouldn't bother me too much once the sweater was completed.

I finished the sleeve and got ready to bind off the last few stitches, and I realize the I'd made it a couple of inches too long, and the source of this error occurred right at the spot where the first mistake was.

So, after all that, I had to rip the damn thing out anyway! Psych! There's no mistake.

Sorry, that was more for the benefit of the people I knit with at lunch today, Kris and Dis. After the drama I brought to our knitting group today, I thought I'd have a little fun with them.

Btw, I knit feverishly all night threw a few movies and finished the sweater, except for the buttons. I ran out of steam for that - I need to sew on nine of them. Photos next week.

6 Comments:

Blogger stitching pooh said...

Well I guess maybe the cables are a little fuller? or is it just the angle but i just don't really see it :o)

4:09 AM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

Ha! You got me. I was like - I can't even see it now ;-) Can't wait to see it!

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are so evil! *L* Can't wait to see your finished sweater

10:30 PM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

It's a pretty color. I like it.

12:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hmmm... I can't see it... but I guess it doesnt matter! Its a neat pattern

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah, you totally got me too! And here I thought I was being even more unobservant than usual. :-P

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home