Wednesday, November 08, 2006

An Almost FO

I finished my beret yesterday. In doing so, I satisfied a knitting itch like I've never had before. When I saw the pattern in the new IK, I knew I immediately had to make it. Since I pulled the magazine from my mailbox on my way to work on Friday, I couldn't get the yarn right that second (much to my dismay), but before the weekend was over, I had purchased two balls of Kathmandu Aran tweed yarn in color 125 (a teal blue tweed with flecks of light blue, green and burgundy). I originally wanted a pink one, and I still do, but this yarn was lovely so I decided to make this one first. The pattern was fun - a bit more knitting than an ordinary hat, but a good knit all the same. I asked my husband to take a photo of me in it, and we had a bit of trouble. I'm one of those blue-eyed people whose eyes always look like I've been possessed by the devil in photos, so we decided to do it with the flash off. Hopefully you can see it well enough. I'm hoping to get better photos when I wear it to Julian on Saturday. I haven't put a topper on it yet - I think the icord things in the IK photo would make me look like Alfalfa, but I'll have something picked out soon. Anyway, here are the stats:

Pattern: Tweed Beret from IK Winter 2006, size small.
Yarn: Kathmandu Aran, color 125, about one and a half balls
Date started: 11/6/06
Dated completed: 11/7/06
Needles: Chiao Goo bamboo dpn's, size 8, and Susan Bates aluminum circular needles, 16", size 8.
Overall thoughts: This is a great pattern - it fits really well. It was fun to make, too. I plan to have at least one more more in pink.

My husband brought home a huge box with a foot locker in it. Princess has immediately turned it into her throne. Isn't that just like a cat?

At the moment, I'm working on seaming Bristow - remember that one? I really want to start a new sweater, so I need to put this one to bed. I've finished one side and I really like the fit. In a perfect world, the sleeves would bit a little more fitted (this, even after I took out an inch in width throughout). But all in all, I'm pleased so far. I'm really looking forward to finishing this now, and I feel reinvigorated.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So very french and I can't wait to see it in person on Sat!
Of course she took over the box, you silly human. What other course of action could there be!

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute! Love your beret. : )

2:13 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Tres chic!

4:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

c'est magnifique!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home