Sunday, September 03, 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen...

...we have a winner! Drumroll please. It's:

It's Miss88keys, author of the blog, Guilty Pleasures. To claim your prize, please email me at thepurlygate@gmail.com and give me your address, and I'll send out your yarn early next week. Congrats and thanks for reading! Thanks to everyone who commented - I love hearing from everybody and seeing where people are living.

Last night, I attended the Stitch n Pitch event for San Diego. It was a baseball game between the San Diego Padres and the Cincinnati Reds, which the Pads won 7-1 (yay!). Since the Padres are in a pennant race, it was an exciting game and a lot of fun since many of the people in our section were knitters. It was great seeing everybody watching the game with needles and projects in hand. Petco Park is our relatively new stadium, and it really is a lovely place to watch a game. It started just around sunset, so we got this lovely view. The park sits among the buildings of the East Village section of downtown San Diego, and it's nicely incorporated into the architecture.


While I was there, I worked on Somewhat Cowl, which I started on schedule on September 1. That was my start date for fall projects. Here's my lump of yarn so far...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My best friend works for the Padres, so I sent her the link to your blog. She mentioned to me that there was going to be a stitch n pitch. We can't have them here in Boston because the games are all sold out (though if the Sox keep up their pitiful performance, there will be plenty o seats!). I loved your pictures of the park. I was lucky enough to attend a game there once with my friend in the "good seats." You really make the park look like a jewel!

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home