Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Yes, It's Another Blog Contest

Sometimes when I blog, I feel like I'm yelling down a well or something, and the only thing I hear is my own echo. I'm never sure if anybody's out there. I guess that's just the nature of this form of communication, but it gave me an idea for another blog contest (I'm TRYING to get rid of this Vesper yarn).

J and I wanna know where y'all are. We have a little map that we look at that says where our hits come from, and some of them come from as far away as Thailand and Indonesia. Others come from the good ol' US of A. It doesn't matter where you are - we wanna know about it. So, it doesn't get simpler than this. Give me a holler, let me know you're out there and tell me where you are - that's it. Just leave a comment on this post, and over the weekend, I'll put the names of people who commented in a hat and pull one out at random. Heck, even if we know you, i.e. you're a Boston or San Diego knitter, go ahead and give a yell. The prize is one skein of Vesper sock yarn - Crew colorway.

OK, onto the knitting. I've primarily been working on Icarus, which looks pretty much the same as before, even though I've made progress, and my Corset top. It turns out that it can be knit in the round without problem. There is an issue (we can them "design modifications" 'round these parts). In the front, I'm only supposed to have 4 garter stitches for the button band, but since I accidentally knit this in the round, as opposed to it being intentional, I have eight. If this was knit flat, they would lie on top each other. No biggie. Since it's turning out slightly snug, this just gives me more room. I'm having a lot of fun with the pattern. There are 6 charts total, so just when you're getting bored with doing one thing, something else comes along.

Life in general is OK I guess. I started back to school this week. I'm taking three graduate-level classes and I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Everything I've taken so far has been at the undergrad level. What REALLY sucks is that all of my classes are at night, so I can no longer go to Knit Salon or my favorite yoga class. At first, I was extremely bitter about this. Now, I'm only mildly pissed. I'm trying to find a substitute yoga class right now.

I'll leave you with these La Jolla photos taken over the weekend. The first one is a photo of local wildlife - sea lions (or seals?) to be exact, or not very exact as it turns out, since I don't know which mammal they actually are. They used to snooze up in the Cove area, but dark-hearted humans were torturing them (I know - awful), so now they nap safely on a rock in the middle of the ocean. If you look closely, you can see one frolicking in the water.


This photo just gives you an idea of what La Jolla Cove looks like, for those who've never been.
Finally, this is an "action shot" of the surf hitting the rocks. One of the things that I love about west coast beaches is how rocky they are. It doesn't make for great sun-bathing or even walking on the beach, but it makes for lovely photographs.

15 Comments:

Blogger wenders said...

Y'all know I'm here... :)
From Boston.

4:27 PM  
Blogger InkyW said...

Was from Sandy Eggo, but now representing Arroyo Grande in the Central Coast of California (next to Pismo Beach). Fair weather, but not as many yarn shops as Sandy Eggo!

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carolyn, knitting away in New Jersey.

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shout out - you know from where - good 'ol S.D. :)

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

still here...I get the yelling down a well thing!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

I read you, but I'm kinda shy so I rarely comment :-( Hey,I'm your first international -- Ottawa, Canada!

7:22 PM  
Blogger PBnJ said...

Hey There all the way from Colorado!

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Yeah, yeah... I'm practically a stranger I've been so MIA. But, I have ben working hard to be back with the living again. You know I'm in SD....

You in for the Kraft vest class? Susan said she emailed you the dates. I am in! (please say you are taking the class!) Ordered my yarn from Susan today (Karabella- Susan says to call her if you need to order some too, but I thought you already got some- what colors did you pick? I went with a navy blue and a lime green.)

Sign up for the class... you know you want to!

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if I've commented before but I always read.
Karen just outside of Boston
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been a lurker for a while -- I'm in Herndon, Virginia.

9:23 AM  
Blogger ~Kristie said...

Sure, I'll delurk for yarn!
Orange County, CA

6:15 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

Woo, hoo! Me, too! from SD :-)

11:01 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Delurking from Evanston, IL. My mom is from La Jolla so it is a pleasure to see photos of that gorgeous water. Sad to hear the sea lions had to move. I used to walk down to the cove with my grandpa.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holla!
Melissa in San Diego ;)

1:32 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Lot of Californians here...
Delurking in San Francisco

3:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home