Saturday, August 19, 2006

Heartache


The thing about the Red Sox is that every year (except 2004) they will lift your hopes then break your heart. My heart isn't broken yet, it is, after all, only August, so hope still springs eternal. Despite the eternal hope, yesterday was painful. 2 games against the Yankees in one day, and both were losses. I was fortunate enough to go to the first game, my first experience of this classic rivalry in Fenway. I love going to Fenway and I was very excited to finally see the Sox take on the Yankees live, but the Sox were in the weak part of their pitching rotation, and so despite a decent performance by Johnson, the game was a punch in the guts. We lost 12-4. I listened to some of the evening game, but couldn't stay awake for the whole thing. I went to sleep while we were still winning, so at least I didn't have to sleep knowing we were now 3 1/2 games behind.

In knitting news, I tried swatching the yarn I bought to use on the edging of my colorwork jacket (Season of Darkness Winter of Light). The yarn is lovely, tweedy, and 25% cashmere, unfortunately, it is also a worsted weight yarn, and therefore created too dense a fabric for the piece.

Today, I am heading over to Circles where there will be a showcase of Mostly Merino yarns. At one point I was thinking of making the cabled riding jacket from Loop d Loop (okay I don't own the book so I know I am spelling it wrong) but now I am thinking that instead of spending money I don't have on 13 skeins of the yarn, I might use the sport weight Mostly Merino yarn for the edging on my colorwork jacket. Can't wait to see what they have in the show case!

Next time I post, I promise to have a winner to my name that sock contest! Finally thing, Isis has decided she likes sleeping in the bathtub during the day (last year she merely played in the tub), I assume that is because it is cooler in there. Are there other cats out there that like sleeping in the tub?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, man they kill me... both games were torture to watch! I think our entire pitching staff is a "weak spot," with the exception of Papelbon, but we have to get ourselves in a save situation before we can get him out. Ugh. Its a good thing I cant watch this game out here today.

1:35 PM  
Blogger bitterknitter said...

Snickers sleeps in the shower. Winston used to until one morning when I didn't see him in there and turned it on! He liked the tub when we had one.

Too bad the red won't work...I hope you find a different yarn for the edging.

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, chick, but I already decreed this week that we will not be making the playoffs. You've got it in writing here, and if I'm wrong, you can do a happy dance at my expense. But I am glad you got to go that game.

12:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't have a bathtub, but Jamieson does sometimes slep in the shower. However, he generally prefers the linoleum floor in the bathroom or "hall." I think it is the heat.

I look forward to the yarn you'll use for the cuffs!

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home