Friday, September 01, 2006

Booty Call

I can't believe I totally forgot to show you the loot I scored on my trip. I didn't get to do a lot of yarn shopping. Believe it or not, my traveling companions didn't want to spend all of their sightseeing time in yarn stores. Damn them! Luckily, after a few days, I caught up with J and we did a little time in the LYS's. At the shop in Wickford, RI, And the Beadz Go On, I bought 5 balls of Classic Silk in a periwinkle blue color and 3 hanks of Artyarns Ultramerino in a color I refer to as Sherbet. I have no idea what they call it.

I have no current plans for the Classic Silk, although I absolutely love the look and feel of this yarn. It may have to wait until next summer, but if something moves me in the meantime, so be it. The Ultramerino is destined to become Thuja someday soon.

When I got to Boston, I think I already mentioned that I went to A Good Yarn in Brookline. It's one of my favorite shops in Boston, second only, I think, to Wild & Wooly in Lexington. I spent a good deal of time looking through the Dale of Norway books. I've gotten in my mind recently that, after I finish Eunny's vest, I'd like to make a Dale fair isle sweater. I should be ready by then.

Earlier this week, I found out that I was awarded a $7,500 scholarship that I had applied for over the summer. I was SO excited! What do you think I did? That's right! I made two yarn purchases to celebrate. I took advantage of Flying Fingers' sale on Aurora 8 for $5 per ball - I bought a sweater's worth, project undecided. Today, I bought enough Cash Iroha, on closeout from those pushers over at WEBS to make either the Simple Knitted Bodice OR the Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Either would be lovely, I think.

I just LOVED getting all of your comments - keep them coming through at least Friday. On Saturday or Sunday, I'll draw for a winner. Have a great Labor Day everybody!

3 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

Fun stuff!! And why, why! did you have to mention Aurora 8? Especially at that price! Now I am going to be thinking about it all day!! Especially since it looks like the sale is over :-(

11:43 AM  
Blogger ~Kristie said...

I think the Cash Iroha would be gorgeous for the Knitted Bodice! What colorway do you have?

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny, I think we were both in Mass at the same time... any plans to be at Rebecca's Sat?

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home