Sunday, August 27, 2006

La Jolla Sunset

I decided that I didn't need to travel 3000 miles to see beautiful scenery (although I sure wish I had my camera when I walked the Cliff Walk in Newport!) This afternoon, I drove to La Jolla to shoot some photos and watch the sunset.



I liked this shot because of the light streaming through the clouds. At this point, I didn't realize how long I had to wait for the sun to set. It's a good thing I brought Icarus with me!

Going...


going...


almost gone! I sat there and watched the sun completely disappear beneath the horizoon. It was truly an amazing sight. It seemed to blur around its edges and change shape as it descended. There's nothing quite like watching the sun set over the beautiful Pacific!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunsets are so beautiful. During one of our visits to Grand Cayman, we watched the sun literally drop--kerplunk--into the ocean. It was quick and beautiful. Thanks for sharing your photos.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Katie Johnson said...

Achingly beautiful sunset pics!!
Thanks for putting them on your blog :-)

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice!

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely! Thank you so much for sharing

5:11 PM  
Blogger wenders said...

Just gorgeous. I think I'll have to track down a sunset over the long weekend. :)

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home