Thursday, August 17, 2006

Seasons



I have no clue where summer has gone. I haven't finished my summer tank that I was making based on my actual measurements, and I am not sure that I will finish it. I don't feel inspired by the project, and so, it sits on my sofa, neglected, almost, but not quite abandoned.

My wedding ring shawl, started with an intense desire to knit and create something of that complexity and loveliness has also been left unworked on. This was going to be my main summer project. I haven't wanted to pick up those needles though and I can't quite say why. I still think the shawl is lovely and still want to make it, but not right this second.

Right now, the knitting that most inspires me is for fall/winter. Season of Darkness, Winter of Light from Norsk Strikedesigns has me it its clutches. I know for a fact that I don't have enough yarn to do the colorwork, but I have 1/2 the amount I need, so plenty to get me started and to tide me over until the rest comes in. I have one skein of the yarn I am going to test out for the edging, and I know that if I can get gauge with this yarn I can get enough to do all the edging from Circles.

This is my start of the colorwork. I am loving it. This is a sleeve, it is knit in the round and the jacket is knit from sleeve to center, then other sleeve to center. I don't have a good enough sense of the color changes to be able to predict what is coming up next, so Season requires attention, but this is good. I find that my mind relaxes more when I need to focus on a task. Knitting Stockinette leaves my mind too free to race around and, while it is somewhat calming, on its' own it is not enough.

I am rambling now, so I will shut up. I wish I could return to my sleeve, but, unfortunately, I am not independently wealthy, and so, like many others, I must work.

4 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

Your colorwork is lovely! That will truly be a work of art once it is complete. I can't wait to see more progress pics.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The sleeve is really looking good.

11:58 AM  
Blogger wenders said...

I am so excited to get to see this grow - both in real life and on your blog. Lovely, lovely work!

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're doing such a great job on your new sweater. I will enjoy seeing it grow and finally seeing you wear it!

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home