Sunday, August 13, 2006

Green Gable FO

This morning, I finished my Green Gable. Here's a photo of the finished product.

Pattern: Green Gable, designed by Zephyrstyle

Size: 40" bust (XL)

Yarn: Cotton Fleece in Plum Patina, 3 skeins plus a little of a fourth

Needles: Addi Natural Size 7, 24" cord for body and Addi Turbo, size 5, 32" cord, for ribbing. I also used size 5 Lantern Moon dpn's for the armhole ribbing.

Date started: 8/6/06

Date completed: 8/13/06

Modifications: I completely changed the waist shaping. I don't know if it worked out or not, but what I did is work 5.25" even from where I removed the sleeves from the needles, then I decreased 2 stitches at each side 4 times, every 4 rows, for a total of 16 stitches decreased. Then, I worked even for 2" and then increased at the same rate. By the time I was done, the sweater was the right length, so I started the ribbing right after that.

Overall thoughts: This pattern wasn't the most clearly written pattern I've ever used, but after doing some math, I was able to figure out what was intended. Like a lot of patterns, the upsizing didn't seem to work that well. I feel like the raglan seam is too long for my body, so the sweater is a little loose right above my bustline. I have this problem frequently, so it may be that I have an unusual shape. It could also be my row gauge, too. However, I feel like it's a very stylish pattern and I'm overall quite happy with it. I loved the fact that there was very little finishing, since that is my least favorite part. I love Cotton Fleece yarn. This is my second sweater that I've made out of it, and it knits up so well. You can't beat the value, too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful color! It looks great!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

Yay! It looks great! I'm still inching along on the body, but I am very determined to have this as a FO ASAP!

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home