Thursday, July 06, 2006

What a Surprise, It is Raining Again

As a child I remember sitting inside on rainy days chanting/singing "Rain, rain, go away, come again some other day" this song has returned frequently to my head this spring as the rain has fallen on so many days. I haven't sung it though, after all, I am kind of sick of rain and hoping that it won't come again until a ton of other days have past.

At least the weather held out for the weekend. My 4th was uneventful, so the rain that fell in the afternoon didn't bother me at all. I discovered this weekend that there are apparently dogs trained to save people and boats in the water. I went to a lovely potluck roof party on the 3rd on fellow N.End knitter, Lissy's, roof. By the way, Lissy makes kick but guacamole. I went for a 22 mile bike ride with an average speed of about 14mph.

I even did some knitting. One item that I am mostly finished I am not posting fully yet, since it was going to be a small N.End knitalong, and we don't have a button yet. That item took up most of my weekend knitting time. I also started a sock for Lissy, but I tore it out. I started again, and tore again. Finally, I changed my mind about the pattern (again) and started a new sock. Now I am doing a toe up magic loop sock. I have never tried magic loop before and I have never finished a toe up sock. Should be interesting. Like K I feel that the sock is progressing in the wrong direction off the needles, but I am plugging along nonetheless. Perhaps Wenders can take a look some time and tell me what I am doing wrong. The picture of the sock is showing just the sole, Lissy doesn't need to see the pattern yet, do you?

2 Comments:

Blogger wenders said...

Ah, the magic loop just takes a little time to get used to! :)

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you liked my guac,
Hope I like my sock!
Rooftop parties rock
Making rhymes is . . . hard

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home