Friday, June 23, 2006

J's Not the Only One With Lumps of Knitting

I have a lump of my own. Felting is almost as bad as lace when it comes to progress shots. Everytime I've knit something that is going to be felted, I have serious doubts that it will actually take the shape that it's supposed to. But since felting is akin to magic, it always does. Machine felting creates the structured edges that the knitted pieces just can't maintain.

Someday, my lump of knitting is going to look like this:
but until then, I guess I'm just going to have to have faith.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

is that the french market bag? If it is are you making it bigger than the pattern states? Let me know if you are! Your lump-o-knittin looks good so far! Like the colors that you picked out : D

4:32 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I'm currently working on lace and felting. Right there with you.

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felted mine today and it looks great. It's drying as I type and should be ready for viewing by the weekend. I recommend making the handles at least 1 1/2 inches longer. Mine felted kind of short. I'm pretty sure I would've had enough yarn to do another 1 1/2" at least. If it's dry before the end of the week, I'll e-mail a pic so you can see yourself.

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home