Friday, June 30, 2006

Aquafino est finito!

I don't know what language that is, Italian, French, franglais, but in any language, this monster of a project is done! I have to say that I'm very pleased with it. It fits well and the finished product is very elegant, so hats off to Glampyre for writing such a lovely, yet elegantly simple, pattern. Anyway, here's a photo. You'll have to excuse my hairdo and lack of makeup. I wish I could say that I tried it on right before bedtime and that's why I look like such a mess, but actually, I was on my way out to work. Hey, I work in a lab by myself all day - what's the point in looking cute? I think I can say, though, that my days of being able to run out of house without any lipstick on are over, but I digress...


I may wind up seaming up the armholes a little more and maybe a little further in on the shoulders - all sizes have the same seaming instructions for the shoulders, which doesn't make a lot of sense. Even though I'm sitting here in the lab alone, I'm wearing Aquafina, but heck, at least I'm here to appreciate it, right?

Stats:

Pattern: Orangina, designed by Glampyre. I made the 42" size.

Yarn: 4-ply cotton by Rowan in Aegean, purchased at Knitting in La Jolla, 5 balls.

Needles: Addi Turbo circulars, size 3 (don't know the cord length)

Time to Completion: I don't keep track of these things, but probably between 2-3 months. I couldn't find any record in the archives about when I started it.

Modifications: None. Many people switched to a smaller needle for the ribbing, but I didn't and I think it worked out OK for the way I wanted it to fit. When the ribbing stretches out and makes me look like I have a spare tire around my waist, I may change my mind about the wisdom of that decision.

Overall thoughts: As I mentioned, this is a great pattern and although I guess in theory, it's simple enough that anyone could have come up with it, the point is they didn't, but she did. So I think Glampyre deserves a lot of credit. Hip, hip, hooray! My only complaint is that the neckline rolls a bit despite being blocked to within an inch of its life.

Speaking of which, have you guys seen her latest design? It's lovely.

Have a good weekend! I'll see some of you tonight!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know if I'd have the patience for this pattern. (Size 3's!) Well done. It is a good color on you.

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Orangina looks great on you! And I'm real interested in the new design by Glampyre that you had a link to. I'm hoping that pattern comes out soon.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks great! I like the Glampyre pattern, but can't figure out why the neckline on the second one seems so much bigger. Sounds like the only difference between the 2 is the sleeves.

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great color! It looks so good on you, and looks like you did a great job too : )

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home