Wednesday, June 28, 2006

It was a hot and steamy morning...

On Saturday, I finished the knitting portion of Aquafina! Yay! Celebration time! However, since then, the only think I've done with it is wash it. It still isn't seamed up and I haven't weaved in any of the ends. I think I'm going to get started with that, tonight. I hate finishing!

In the meantime, I've started a new project with some stash yarn. Over the weekend, I purchased the new Knitscene, and overall, I'm pretty pleased with it, especially compared to the other knitting magazines that have come out recently. Anyway, this pattern immediately caught my eye as being something that is both elegant and very wearable. One of things about choosing a pattern for me is that if I choose something to costumey and showy, I'll feel like a poser if I wear it. Anyway, I present Camisa, my latest project: The pattern is designed to be knit flat, but it doesn't make much sense to me to do it that way, so I'm going to knit it in the round. The first thing you do is knit the center panel in basketweave stitch, so that's where I'm at now. I'm using Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Spryte. Here's a poorly lit close-up of the pattern where you can't see the stitch at all. Awesome, huh? After I finish with this part, I seam it up and then pick up stitches along the top of it and along the bottom to knit the rest. It seems fairly simple. I'm glad to find a use for this yarn because I bought it to make another pattern, but the color turned out all wrong.

Speaking of that pattern, the designer of the Prosperous Plum Tank has finished upsizing the pattern and it is now available in a variety of sizes for your knitting pleasure - saves me a pile of work. I'll get started on that soon, since I need done by the middle of August.

I don't think I knit a single stitch yesterday. I was pretty much busy from morning until night. Last night I took a yoga class over at Ginseng in South Park and it was wonderful. Even though it was fairly strenuous, my body felt amazing afterwards. Next week, the class is canceled because of the 4th of July, which totally sucks. The teacher is doing a free yoga class in Balboa Park that same week, though, so I'll probably take that. Doing yoga outside sounds fun, as long as it isn't as hot and miserable and it has been the last few days. It's so steamy and sticky that the thought of knitting just seems horrible. It helped me contort my body into yoga poses yesterday though. I'll probably feel the pain tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger wenders said...

I love your new project - I may have to add it to my list!

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your new project sounds so neat! The construction sounds really interesting, and I love the color : )

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home