Friday, July 07, 2006

TGIF!!!!!

Even though I had a day off this week, it still feels like a long week for some reason. I'm oh so glad it's the weekend tomorrow. Today, I'm getting air conditioning and I'm really excited! For reasons I don't understand, my condo traps heat like you can't believe. Even when it's quite chilly out, my place is a balmy 80 degrees. You can only imagine what it's like inside when it's over 90 degrees outside! So, today, my troubles are over.

I have been doing quite a bit of knitting lately, although I've sort of let my summer knitting slide in favor of sock knitting. As I mentioned, I finished a pair of socks:

Pattern: I used the Sensational Knitted Socks book and chose a stitch pattern from the 5-stitch pattern section. I did the toe-up version.

Yarn: Handspun from my SP-7, Mama E, in a colorway that she designed for me - awesome! This yarn is incredible. It's not superwash, which may result in a felting accident at some point, but it knits up so nice! Pretty much every other sock yarn that I've used has had pooling issues, but not this one. It's truly amazing - go check out her site!

Needles: Size 2 Inox dpn's (the grey ones)

Modifications: Since this is a sort of design your own pattern anyway, I guess you could say I didn't make any modificatoins. I just followed the "recipe".

Overall thoughts: I really like the Sensational Knitted Socks book and the toe-up sock is definitely an ingenious idea. I like the way these came out - they actually fit! It's way too hot to wear them now, though.

Here's a close-up of the yarn and the stitch pattern:

I also got started on Pomatomus and it went smoothly for the first repeat. Something's wrong, though as I start the second one and I haven't had time to sit down and figure out exactly what it wrong. I'm sort of taking an "organic" approach to knitting this project - figuring out what the pattern is doing knitting based upon that instead of counting. It may have bit me in the ass.

Finally, I bought some gorgeous Japanese laceweight yarn yesterday at the Grove. It's so incredibly soft and the color is very vibrant. It will make a delicious shawl, as soon as I get off my duff and make one. I'm thinking of this one (thanks Cora!). I'm excited to get started. Maybe this weekend!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked it. I think it is going to be gorgeous in that color! I can't make it on Sat. Forgot I promised to help at Lori's. What a bummer!!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

Oooh - What a great idea for that yarn! Thanks for the link because I already forgot to look it up. Hmmm...I may end up using that one too ;-)

4:06 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Nothing like a little blue going on . . .

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks girl!!! glad you liked it!

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home