Sunday, June 18, 2006

Yarn Crawl


Today was an expensive day. I didn't really intend for it to be that way. After all, I have SO much yarn already and I was only going to the Encinitas yarn stores. I'm not even looking for winter yarn right now, so I wouldn't be tempted, right? Wrong.

First of all, I heard that Common Threads now carries Claudia's Handpainted Yarn, so I had to, at the very least, check that out. I wasn't all that fond of most of the colors that they had, but I was completely entranced with this one. This yarn will make the most lucious socks, remiscent of sweet, succulent berries. It's very soft. Even though it's probably just going to sit around until the weather cools down, I knew this yarn is hard to find, so I grabbed it.

Well, you know how it's also hard to find certain colors of Lamb's Pride when you really need them, right? Like you go to the yarn store looking for a color you saw last week, but now it's gone. A common tale, I'm sure. So, I HAD to buy yarn that I've been looking at to make the French Market Bag. If I waited, someone might snatch it up, like the did with the colors I'd been eyeing at the Grove. So, that's what I did. In fact, I found even better colors. I'm going to cast on for this tonight and it will make excellent mindless knitting.

After lingering at Common Threads for a while, we made our way down to the Black Sheep to look at their goodies. I don't usually find much there, not because they don't have nice yarn, but for some reason, they don't usually have anything I want to spend my money on. But for some reason, this colorway of Silk Garden jumped into my arms. I think it was the bit of seafoam green that made it irresistable. I have a scarf in mind for this yarn, but again, it will have to wait until fall. Alas, this was mostly a stash-enhancing trip.

I also got to give my neice her halter, which was WAY bigger on her than I thought. Hopefully, it won't fit her in like December, because that would be kind of useless. Although, this is San Diego, so maybe it wouldn't be too bad.

3 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

Ha! I almost went to Encinitas yesterday myself. Glad you were able to make a few additions to the stash :-)

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the colors, love the halter, LOVE the drooly chin. ;)

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such lovely colors!! I would have been grabbing it up too! : D

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home